Monday, September 01, 2008

In Response to Angela and some more thoughts...

I agree with you Angela, I really do, but only in the short term. Yes they look great together and yes she will inspire some Obama voters who want to vote for a historic candidate, but do not want to vote for Barack. However, two months from now I do believe much about what is new and fresh about her in Hillary voters eyes will have been replaced by looking at her record. Yes, I know only 8% of women will absolutely not vote for a candidate who is pro life, but the more people get used to Obama the more Hillary voters will come over. I might be wrong and all Hillary voters might come over to the McCain Palin camp and come November the election wont be close, but I have more fth in the women in this country that they will vote somewhat on what issues are important to them instead of just voting for a woman. But, I might be wrong and being from Europe I am spoiled with voters caring about issues not candidates. At least I think it is being spoiled, but that is of course debatable.

What is exciting is that if by appointing a republican outsider, maybe McCain wants to go back to his Maverick times of the past, times I for one admired. Of Course Lieberman would have been a choice that would have done this as well. A choice McCain said he would have preferred, so who convinced him someone he did not know was better? Karl Rove?

I will agree with you that it is kind of cool he announced it in your hometown of Dayton, OH.

No comments: