Friday, September 05, 2008

McCain’s speech

I guess I am odd and weird, but I thought McCain’s speech was much better than any other speech at the Republican convention. I felt he tried to be himself again, which was a nice change. He mentioned that he and Barack agrees on much more than they disagree on and I believe him. John Mcain would probably be a very good President just as good as or better than Barack Obama, if it was not for the people he surrounds himself with. With Sarah Palin on the VP slot it looks like they will go the same road as GW (unless she is only on the ticket to increase the conservative vote and then will be stuck in a basement somewhere without any power). But, it is not just Palin, the advisors are the same and the negative advertisements are the same. I wish I could trust McCain as I did in the primaries, but right now I don’t feel like I can. With Barack it is almost the opposite. He has run a much better campaign than he has been a good Senator, I do not necessarily know if that is a good thing either. Maybe his short record in the Senate is a good thing... well, maybe not?

No comments: