Wednesday, July 09, 2008

IKEA = Genius

My goal was to not make this blogg very personal, but I do have to tell you some parts about my job and about myself. I work for the Westcott House Foundation http://www.westcotthouse.org/. It is a non-profit foundation that centers around the Westcott House, a Frank Lloyd Wright designed prairie style home. But, this is not only a house museum and that makes it truly great to work here. An example, is the Design Studio, which will start tomorrow. Here kids will learn how to use audio and visual media and through it express themselves artistically. Frank Lloyd Wright’s Westcott House will serve as the source of inspiration. This brings me to the heading of this post: IKEA.

Since the foundation does not have any room to teach a class for three weeks room needed to be made in the basement. With the help of some IKEA furniture most of it from the line SNILLE (which means genius in Swedish) the basement now looks great. I put the tables and chairs together last night and it is so easy. I am very glad that they opened an IKEA in Cincinnati, just 80 minutes from my home.

No comments: