Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Westcott House Movie – Centennial Edition

Last night the staff invited all the volunteers to a movie showing of the new Centennial Edition of the Westcott House DVD. The Centennial Edition is a two disc DVD. The first disc is the 27 minute PBS documentary that has been out for a while and the second disc is over 90 minutes of bonus material. The 27 minute first disc is truly great, but I think I enjoyed the second disc even more. It was great to be able to listen to the entire interview with Eric Wright, Frank Lloyd Wright’s grandson. I thought he had some great insights about his grandfather’s work, not only the Westcott HouHouse. There were also other interviews of interest. My favorite part though was all the 2001 footage of the house. The house looks amazing today, and I know how bad it looked before, but I had not seen it in this way with the camera just flowing through the house from one room to another.

I think this is a DVD that all Frank Lloyd Wright fans would love, but also people interested in heritage and preservation. Actually I think everyone should see this DVD.

What do you think?

No comments: